Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Journal 5/13

Right. This is listed as the journal for 5/13, but it actually includes two journals, one for the work I did yesterday, which I forgot to journal about, and one for today.

Journal 5/12/09:
Due to the HB block schedule I don't actually have class on Tuesdays, but I went over to the ACC after school yesterday to work on the grok code with the other people in the group, who go to Yorktown.

We spent most of the 50 minuets or so that I was there trying to get a save and delete function on our collaborative ToDo list project. However, the functions were giving us some trouble, and we didn't really understand how some of the code was working, so that had to be resolved before the problems could be fixed.

At the end of the time period, the problem was still there, but we understood most of the code, and I had been introduced to the concept of pseudocode.

Journal 5/13/09:
I spent the first part of today helping Eric with some of his problems, including using my newly acquired pseudocode skills. he was still having some problems, so my idea must not have worked, but it was worth at try.

Basically, I spent the rest of class doing a bit of reading on bzr. We need a bzr branch for the "do-grok-do" project, since I work separately from the rest of the group and I always seem to be behind. If we get bzr set up I can get my hands on the current code more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment